20.6.10

What has this world come to?


"Oh dear. Look at this. The Blackout Bandits struck again. This time it was the Henderson's porch light."

"Goddamnit! Not again! This is an outrage!"

"Harold, honey, there's nothing we can do."

"No! Goddamnit, no. I'm not gonna just sit here and watch my neighborhood grow darker and darker and nobody doin' a thing about it. I'm getting my gun ; we're gettin' our bulbs back. Everyone's gettin' their bulbs back."

"Don't do anything crazy, now, Harold! We'll burn candles! We'll make do!"

"I love you, Cheryl. But crazy or not, I've got to fix this. I reckon I'm the only one who can do it and it's got to be done. Now if anything happens to me, I don't want no candles at my funeral. Not one. I want bulbs, hundreds of them, thousands of watts - so much light people have trouble seein', so there's not a corner kept dark in the whole place, you understand me?"



No comments:

Post a Comment