6.5.14

some news

I've given this news a few days to settle in my brain/heart before announcing it, but I'm finally ready to type it aloud: I'm moving on from my position as Illustrator/Art Director at Pando. This was such a difficult decision. It has been a dream job. Seriously.

For the last two years, it's been my job to make art, working closely with writers and editors who I respect and admire. Not only this, I was given an amount of artistic freedom that is very unconventional at most publications. I was given the freedom to learn from my mistakes. I was given the resources to work with some of my favorite artists. Many days I was tempted to pinch myself.

In the coming months, I will continue doing some freelance illustration while diving more energetically into the pursuits I've kept on the side for the last two years. Among them: comics, animation, film, photography, writing, and taking long, aimless walks. I think the latter has a lot more to do with making art (and being happy doing it) than I ever previously thought.

I suppose that's vague but that's where I'm at. Whatever I do, it will be exponentially better because of my everything I learned at Pando. I want to say an enormous thank you to all my talented friends & colleagues there who believed in me and gave me the courage to follow my instincts and see where they will lead me.

Thank you!
 ^
 |
 |
 |
(needs to be way bigger to be accurate but that's as big as the text gets in blogger.)

No comments:

Post a Comment